Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

(nearly) Full Moon

TakMan

Was having a sort out of some previous data and came across this which I had forgotten about..... must be getting old! :) Anyway, perfect to celebrate Apollo 11's 40th celebrations!

Taken on Sunday night (March 8th) around 9.00pm

TSA102 with the 1.6x extender attached to the Nikon D3 with a Televue 2" 4x Powermate and T-Ring.

ISO 640, 1/100sec exposure, Daylight Balanced. I took 4 shots for each of the 6 segments with the intention of stacking them. Yet when I looked at them later they were all over the place. I suppose it would have been better to have waited 'till around midnight to let the atmosphere settle more (?) before starting imaging - yet an early start the next day put paid to that! Plus the fact that I've still not had a proper play with Registax....!

So: 6 individual RAW shots processed in Adobe Lightroom before being stitched together in Photoshop CS3...

Clear skies

Damian

post-16760-133877387317_thumb.jpg

post-16760-133877387325_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that guys....

Ron - only added the 'second one' as these were some close-ups off the original which is the best part of A3 when stitched together!!!

It's just a pity that you loose so much detail when reducing the file size down (and saving as a .jpeg) to upload onto the forum....

Clear skies and thanks for looking/replying!

Damian

Archived