Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

is there such a thing as skywatcher technical support?

I can't help but wonder if there is such a thing as skywatcher technical support.

if you are outside of warranty,and the supplying dealer can't help,are you on your own?

seems like OVL are just box pushers,with absolutely no end customer support. they will not give any tech support if you phone them.

does anyone know if there is support beyond the dealer uk network ?

I'm not going to discuss my own equipment issue, but is it a case of you buy your item,and after 12 months hope and pray nothing goes wrong?

It is reasonable to expect chargeable service out of warranty in any industry, but does any exist with skywatcher?

just curious.

Mike

OVL are importers and distributer to the trade, their role is to supply and service the dealers.

It is the dealers duty (wrong word but you know what I mean) to service the customer.

With respect Mike, if you have bought from a dealer who drops you after 12-months then it is time to switch to another dealer.

HTH :)

Well the one my 200/HEQ5 came from suggested it was too technical 'for a woman' and if I couldnt make it work it was really my problem.

Likewise I just changed dealers. I guess lots of peple get caught easy because if your not used to astro gear you kind of imagine its as plug and play as anything else in life so you waont need much support - WRONG !!!

Lesson learned by me and these days I stick to a handful of suppliers I know will consider service at least as important as sales.

Archived