Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil complex after a nightmare evening

SteveL

Gah, after the "Perfect night" on Wenesday, Yin and Yang have now swung back in the opposite direction by giving me one of those nights I wish I hadnt started. Random USB kit failures, Lodestar kept spitting out black frames, replaced with DSI which spat out white images (then died), GPS mouse failed occasionally, Logitech wingman controller for game pad was sporadically working... lost 90 minutes on that!

(Remember kiddies, just because your brain told you that you put the USB hub out on the table, and your brain also told you that you put the power supply out and plugged it into the 4-way, it does help if you actually connect the two items!).

Discovered some flex in the system, which got me pricing up a Borg 77 or 101, only to discover today that a lot of PHD users on the stark labs Yahoo group are stating that newer versions of PHD are giving some weird RA trailing effects. WIll watch that thread with great interest, and put the thoughts of Borg goodliness to one side for now.

Also, not sure if I have the correct 56mm back focus distance for the WO66 FLAT2 unit. WIll have to investigate that as well. The very edges/corners of this image have very bloaty stars.

I`ll be back for this one later in the year....

Mount: EQ6 via EQMOD, plus CCD Commander

OTA: William Optics ZS 66SD

Guiding: FLT98CF + SX Lodestar + PHD

Imaging: M25C + MaximDL, 9×600s, Astronomik 13nm Ha (100 bias, 100 flats)

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: ImagesPlus + PSCS2

(No larger image, its too noisey!)

20090703_veil_complex_800.jpg

Archived