Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new blog! and images!

DeanWatson

Hi all, I hope that it isn't out of order for me to post my new blog address here. I'd been meaning to get a bit more involved in the imaging and astronomy community, aweb page seemed a bit of a bind and I was keen to communicate with others more so I thought this would be a good way to show some of my images - I hope you like them and this isn't a breech of protocol - anyway, no harm meant!

Regardless, keen to make more friends in the community and of course please feel free to make any comments you'd like.

Stars in Clouds

Thank you very much guys, I'd been meaning to get around to something like this for a while, I know the images are a bit out of sequence (when I produced them) but I had to start somewhere and this was a nice alternative to messing around with building a website which has always seemed a bit cumbersome.

Yes, it is indeed a good site to cruise around. A small point on the seven sisters, though. My understanding is that the nebulosity is not, after all, part of the natal cocoon but is some interstellar gas and dust through with the cluster happens to be passing. Images in some wavelengths show clearly the wake in this matter created by the moving cluster. Of course, the pros could have changed their minds again by the time I type this!

Olly.

Thank you for the correction Olly (although I agree about the pros - change like the wind!) And thank you John, I shall return the favout/compliment! And thanks to others who have been so kind to look/comment - although I cant take too much credit for the design, its pretty much how it comes i'm afraid...!

Archived