Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Part of NGC7000 Ha Data... Next steps?

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Been playing with the 0.33 Focal Reducer on the last 2 nights - got some nice NGC7000 region data coming together and wanted to share.

This is Ha - 8 x 10 minute subs. Celestron C8 with 0.33 FR, SXV-H9.

Pretty pleased with whats coming on so far - now the question is whether to shoot LRGB or Narrowband?

2009-06-27-NGC7000-Ha8x600-BandW-Process1.jpg

Any thoughts on which way to run?

Cheers,

Richie

Rich, go rgb AND narrowband, then combine the lot to taste.

How is the 0.33 for you? I was wondering about getting one now that I have a smaller chip camera to play with.

Going for RGB atm - i can always revisit OIII/Hb at a later date

blumming brilliant mate - knocks the C8 down to a lovely focal ratio :)

The distance is the key - 60mm - the SXV-H9 chip is 17.5mm away from the end btw, so you need to space it to 42.5mm to stop some very dodgy star shapes :headbang:

Heres the Luminance layer - 16 x 600 seconds - just getting the first few colour subs through now....

2009-06-27-NGC7000-Ha16x600-BandW-Process1.jpg

You've hit the mark with your assessment of the distance being the key Richie. Tony (whippy) and I did a bit of 'messing around' with this chip size and 0.33 reducers last year and found some serious curvature issues, sounds like you have it sorted.

Good luck with the rest of the data.

Steve..

Nice Start RJ.... Good star shapes across the whole field..

I think I used my f3.3 reducer once or twice and thats all... the Variable T adaptors are useful for other things though...

Makes a change to see a closeup of another part of the NAN rather than the Mexico region...

Peter...

Archived