My Equipment

Hi All

I Ain`t got much Equipment as i ain`t left school yet.

My Equipment is:

A celestron F/8 114 eq Newtonion Reflector

A 10mm ep

A 20mm ep

A omni 4mm plossl ep

A Solar Filter

A moon Filter

A collimation Tool

And That`s it i told you it was not much :),Hoping to get a camera for my b-day :)

The F8 114 newt is a good telescope for peeps like me that have just started out in Astronomy.

The Only prob with it is that its difficult to carry from my bedroom to the garden.

Good litle scope,Hoping to get a motorised un when i leaveschool but will always keep my f8 114 newt.Because it is and always will be my favourite telescope because it`s the telecope that has got me into the best hobby in the world (Astronomy). :) :) :o :o :) :) :o

I sometimes wish I'd kept my first proper scope - a 102mm f/10 refractor. It certainly rekindled my interest in this hobby back in 1990.

As for my current 11" 'gutbuster' - well all I will say is that I'm glad I've got it permanently set up! :shock:

The pads do help dampen vibration times, James. Certainly, they received a good review when they first came onto the market many years ago.

Space is tight in the tardiss! However, I don't use a laptop in there - so there's just enough space for me to squeeze behind the scope to set it up for imaging/operate the autoguider. Just,...........but only just! :shock: :)

Carl,

Being a relector you havne't got the huge cool down times that you have with other "sealed" scopes, but have you anywhere that you could leave the scope - garage or shed or something,

That would save your parent woodwork in doors :) - thats soemthing that I always used to get to get told off about!

Thats a lovely scope by the way, my firt scope (this time round) was a 6" (150) and the veiws I got were spectacular.

Ant

Carl,

Be careful of that solar filter mate, some of the ones given way with scopes are dangerous. If it's the type that fits in the eyepiece end of the telescope don't use it. they are known to crack when used and could really cause damage to your eyes.

If the filter goes on the other end of the scope then you sould be OK, but do check though!

cheers

Gaz

thnx for the warning Gaz appreciate it

I brought the solar filter of the dhinds website. I`ve used it about 5-7 times so far.

As for wear it goes it goes on the end wear the light enters.

Oh yeah it`s that silvery stuff that looks like you can wrap sandwiches in.

No worries then Carl, it'll be OK. Enjoy your filter.

It's just they used to ship these horrible little bits of smoked glass and call them sun filters when they were no such thing. but they used to fit on the eyepiece end.

Archived