LRGB number two - getting the hang of it now

Ambermile

You should sleep well mate, having done the work. That's a cracker. I had a go at this myself this evening and mine was rubbish. It is very faint against the background.

Ten minutes? You are lucky, we have to live in a 'ole in t'ground. We dream of ten minutes wi no light pollution.

Captain Chaos

That's really good Arthur. The subtle colouration really enhances the image and you have managed to pull out the detail really well. Looks like you have the LRGB bug now. Rog will be next but he's still resisting :D

That's really good Arthur. The subtle colouration really enhances the image and you have managed to pull out the detail really well. Looks like you have the LRGB bug now. Rog will be next but he's still resisting :D

Thanks all for the nice comments and yes, it is rather catching this colour stuff. BW is great, but twice now when the 4 frames combine and out pops something completely different... well, amazing!

Rog will be assimilated :ogre:

Tell me folks do ya think he is happy?????????????? :D:lol::D

Is it so obvious then? :D

Anyway, here's the reworked with open eyes image and some detail. Each colour was a single 10 minute exposure (no weighting for the seperate channels). Then each frame was histo stretched - luminance quite heavily, colours just enough to see a star to align with. My early mistake with M51 was overprocessing. Seems the luminance is the backbone/frame that you have to gracefully hang the colours onto. Luminance gives the detail, colour should be just a wash (apparently :lol: )

OK, here it is then. 40 minutes total LRGB 1:1:1:1 unbinned ART-285AL through Lumicon IRGB ccd filters, Vixen ED114SS with field flattener on EQ6 guided with SC1 through the Tak FS60C. Combined in Maxim DL and colour balanced in PhotoImpact.

Comments?

post-12835-133877319887_thumb.jpg

I know it's all subjective but I prefer the colour in the first one Arthur!! You can just see some of the brown dust lanes starting to emerge and a bit more spangly. The core looks better on the reprocess though

Archived