Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky at Night on at half one in the morning?

GazOC

Gaz, have to agree here. I posted it in the 'heads up' section and it only just dawned on me that many people will be sound asleep in preparation for 'Monday morning' when this is aired. They really need to get a better slot for this, I've always thought Sunday tea time would be lovely. Get the kids interested too.

Its on iPlayer as well friends....

TV doesn't need to be shown at a socialable hour anymore - you can watch it anytime.

Only if your in the UK:sad:

It's on again tonight on BBC4 @ 21.30, extended version as well.

Archie

My only beef with the time that S&N is on is that fact that sky+ can't series link it because its only on once a month. Generally i miss it and have to find it on iPlayer or wait for the cover disk. But also i can't see them moving the time of broadcast (although BBC4 does play it at a more sociable time) its a real niche programme but with a dedicated audience, its the only Astronomy specific programme on TV (we'll exclude the sky channels, discovery etc, because they are dumbed down somewhat) but does get a guaranteed audience because of that, i would think its simply a case of the fact that it gets an audience, and because of this has to be made/broadcast but its not mainstream subject matter and thats why we get it so late. Or perhaps its to console us one a month when we stay up late to see if its worth cracking out the telescopes, find its cloudy and at least get to see some astronomy on TV, as a surprise more often than not for me as i never know when its on.

have you tried series linking it recently? i get the green button option and it accepts it. dont be fooled by the next months pogram not showing on the planner, it appears once it gets within seven days of its broadcast time

Archived