Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eastern Veil re-edit

MartinB

Great edit Martin, the colour is more subtle and the image is much deeper. The result is a much more natural looking image but at the same time showing more detail.

The only down side is the star colours don't look as nice as the first, but you could add the stars from the first edit as a layer to the new edit( maybe set to 50% so not to look too strong in the new image).

Great stuff .:icon_salut::headbang:

Mike.

Like that a lot Martin, has a very natural feel to it as the others have commented.

Makes me want to get into narrowband pics a bit more when I see things like this.

Thanks Tim and Kevin.

I see what you mean Kevin, I think it's down to the previous image having more contrast. I could probably have applied more sharpening to the luminence, I was trying to avoid over cooking things.

The second re-work with the improved stars is the one that does it for me. I like the subtle colours and it is certainly a deep capture although the 'sharpness' of the original had been lost a little to my eye. Overall though, well worth the time, it is a lovely image of a great object.

Archived