Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Session on DSO'S

Well hey everyone.

i had a good session i think tonight. Firstly i Always Start with the moon when its out, Secondly i moved onto Saturn always a pleasure to view i think i could make out two of her moons.

then i pushed my luck i mooved onto M13 The great Cluster in Hercules which i found after abit of persistance could make out the white cloud of stars but cudnt see it brightly obviouslly because of the moon glow it was so bright tonight, then i though im on a roll lets try the Ring Nebula in Lyra and i wasnt expecting to see anything until then i saw it a small glow like a ring of grey smoke obviosuly again down to the light pollution it was that clear but i found it all that in 1 night amazing.

let me know what ya'll think

Kellyx

Well done, you had a great session. I am not sure what scope you are using but you could try a few doble stars like the one at the base of Cygnus which is blue and orange...Try to split the double double in Lyra...

Then perhaps, if you are up a bit later M27 the dumb bell nebula to the NE fairly low down...

Good luck

Well then you should be up for the double double and M27 with no issue. Try pointing the scope at the pole star on a dark night and it is a fine double then record the stars and see what the faintest star you can see is..I got 12.4 ish for my 6 inch TAL and can now get to about 13.4 with my 10 inch....You can check the mags of the stars using stellarium / carte due ciel or CnebulaX which are free pieces of software.

You must of course look at M81/82 as these will be awesome in your scope..

Mark

Archived