Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Nice widefield Robin from the Butterfly Nebula through the Pelican and North AMerica and beyond... a really inerestign piece of the sky...... 50mm? a 5mm would just about take in the whole sky from horizon to Horizon....

How did you mount the camera this time as its an unusual view....?

Peter....

Hey Ron ya beat me to it I must be slowing down.... :cool:

Another Nice widefield Robin from the Butterfly Nebula through the Pelican and North AMerica and beyond... a really inerestign piece of the sky...... 50mm? a 5mm would just about take in the whole sky from horizon to Horizon....

How did you mount the camera this time as its an unusual view....?

Peter....

Hey Ron ya beat me to it I must be slowing down.... :)

HehHehHeh! Caught you napping Peter. You need a holiday mate.:cool:

Ron.:)

Sorry Robin.

Sorry to confuse you Guys, a misspelling - 55mm not 5mm.

As I had to strap the camera to my Telescope with tape the other night I drilled and tapped a 1/4 withworth screw into one of the Guide Scope rings for the camera toi be mounted on and when I slewed to the Deneb area I found that the camera was upside down. I can reverse the image on PS to make it as the usual view but as I see it there is no right way up or upside down in space so I left it as it was shot.

Robin

I did the same thing (Drilled and tapped one of the guide rings) - I mount a Manfrotto 488RC2 B&S head with QR plate on it... once the mount is "polar aligned" running in RA you can point the camera anywhere you like not just where the scope is pointing...

I Still haven't got round to doing much with it yet... the weathers been carp so the few clear nights have been a premium...

Peter....

Thanks Peter

I have one of the cheap units but they will not hold a Camera in place when it moves around. I have to tighten the screw with a pair of Pliers, so the more expensive may mean better holding. I see it has a ball lock, I assume this prevents movement.

Robin

The Manfrottos are in a completely different leauge... no probs with them whatsoever only think is they normally have a 3/8" thread in them so you'll need a 3/8 to 1/4" adaptor barrel...

The 488RC2 is a lump of a thing... and rated for around 7.9Kg.... doesnt creep at all even when i use it with a 180mm f3.5 APO macro lens which is a heavy and long piece of glass...

They do (or at least did) a slightly smaller one as well which is fine for shorter or lighter lenses... 484 RC2 I think it is.... here it is...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-MN-484RC2-Ball-Head-Plate/dp/B000KFW3N2

Peter....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived