Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Insurance Help

Hi i am looking at converting my shed into a observatory but am finding it difficult to find insurance that will cover me. I am only a tennent and home insurance comes with the property (as they left all there stuff). I am looking for a company that does outbuilding insurance and cant find one. Does anyone have this type of cover or know a company that will supply insurance.

Thankyou

Daryl

Good question.

I am also a tenant and have an obsy. You have just prompted me to review my cover and I have found out that I am covered against theft from an outbuilding UPTO the value of £500. I can live with that. The company is Homelet (google it).

HTH

Steve

Avoid companies that advertise for observatory cover.

Just ring the usual household insurance companies and explain what you want and the situation with the other insurance, or they may think you are trying to get covered twice for the same cover. Alternatively you could contact the providers of your current insurance with your tenancy and add it as additional cover while you are there, it may work out a lot cheaper.

Couldn't agree more... :cool:

I use Nationwide for my contents cover and they cover £500 unattended valuables in the garden and to a much higher value (I don't recall how much) of items locked up in a garage or a shed.

James

Archived