NEW ZWO S30 SeeStar Smart Telescope

Better maybe subjective, smaller will generally mean a larger FOV if it's a shorter FL and also depending on the sensor within, so complaints about the SS50 being too zoomed in on certain targets, the SS30 will likely cater for. It's also much smaller and more portable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elp said:

Better maybe subjective, smaller will generally mean a larger FOV if it's a shorter FL and also depending on the sensor within, so complaints about the SS50 being too zoomed in on certain targets, the SS30 will likely cater for. It's also much smaller and more portable.

Smaller, so less expensive I wonder? Big pocket sized would be interesting, ultra portable 

7 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Smaller, so less expensive I wonder? Big pocket sized would be interesting, ultra portable 

If it's 250-300...as Philip J Fry would say, "shut up and take my money!".

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

• FLO changed the title to NEW ZWO S30 SeeStar Smart Telescope

Interesting and looks quite neat. wonder what the little lens above the main optic is for?

Could make it interesting if doing solar and using a regular ND filter as some of us are with the S50 unless there's an adaptor to carry a single larger ND filter to cover off both.

4 hours ago, DaveL59 said:

Interesting and looks quite neat. wonder what the little lens above the main optic is for?

It been confirmed as a dual lens device so I'm guessing the small lens is a 10 or sub 10mm lens for wide milky way landscape imaging.