SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Lunar Sketch

ashenlight

A fantastic sketch Amanda. I'm no expert but its a very pleasing and realistic view. There's certainly alot to be said for sketching, I like the idea of people expressing what they see through an eyepeice by using raw artistic talent. (Kind of puts us button pushers to shame sometimes).

Look forward to seeing a Saturn sketch :-D

Matt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is seriously impressive. It (sort of) reminds me of a sketch I once saw in a SF novel - So, with that in mind perhaps you could be sketching for a living ! Also, there is something very 1950's about the style you have chosen. Good contrast

As everyone mentioned - a natural :)

Well, in the 50's Science Fiction cartoon books had a certain "look" to them which emphasised hard edges, strong shadows, good contrast range and simplicity.

Now I wasn't around in the 50's, but I have read quite a few older books where the artwork you're creating would look appropriate. It's very "traditional".

As an example (but clearly NOT the same) take a look here

The Science Fiction books written by Captain W E Johns

Maybe you should do a sketching workshop at Salisbury SP? I would love to learn first hand from someone who can produce such high calibre work.

Mark

PS If you saw my lunar sketching you would understand why I use a digicam!

Failing that, make a booking with hubble when she's back up in a couple weeks time. Might cost an arm and a leg though! lol

Just had an after-thought, not sure Hubble's sensitive camera's will like looking at the moon LOL!

Matt

Archived