I seek for advise (picture of the Ring Nebula)

This is my first astrophotography picture. It features the Ring Nebula. I know it has a lot of noise and It's bad but I would greatly appreciate any advice, especially on how to reduce noise in future pictures.

Nebulosa del anillo.jpg

• Like 6

That is a great first image…👏🏻👏🏻

‘It’s a bit out of focus and looks like you have some tilt in your imaging train, as for the noise, just add more and more and more data….simple…

• Thanks 1

As above then. Take lots more, dithering will help also either automatic or manually move your optics something tiny like 10-30 pixels in a random direction every 5-10 minutes of imaging or so.

• Thanks 1

It's a result for a first attempt.

Looks like you haven't applied flats as there's vingetting, if you take and apply them when stacking, then do a background extraction to remove any LP gradients, you can then push the levels/stretching of the data further.

Background extraction is simple in Siril, it's a game changer if you're trying to push your data to reveal faint signal.

Maybe also check your polar alignment, or tracking as the stars look elongated, or take shorter images to help this, especially if its on an alt az, or fixed mount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dango179 said:

This is my first astrophotography picture. It features the Ring Nebula. I know it has a lot of noise and It's bad but I would greatly appreciate any advice, especially on how to reduce noise in future pictures.

Nebulosa del anillo.jpg

That's a fantastic image of the ring nebula. I'm shocked it's your first :)

• Like 1

Excellent image.
Easy to fix. Apply flat frames, trim the edge artefacts and don't stretch too much.
At the telescope, maybe have a look at tilt and focus.
HTH
Nebulosadelanillo.thumb.jpg.608bfa85a964f079b39b858b078e7658.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s a great first image, I’d echo the sound advice that has already been posted. Take some time to study the image processing tools now available to deal with noise and poor star shape. These days less than perfect data can still make a fine image.

• Thanks 1