Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starliner launch scrubbed.

I was only scheduled 5 hours, so I hurried out to the car to livestream the launch.

It got to 3:51, then a hold was called!

From what I understand it was because of computers not communicating with each other. 

Better safe that sorry.

• Like 3

Not sure if the problem was with the capsule, or with the ULA launcher.

Boeing used to be a great company until Profits became more important than Performance.

One report reckoned Boeing's space efforts are "10 years behind SpaceX".

Michael

• Like 2

"computers not communicating with each other"

If true, that is an amazingly poetic failure mode, I couldn't come up with that if I tried!

• Like 1

I was watching live on the ISS app that notifies me of current events.

I was listening in on head phones whilst cooking the dinner. I had to stop frying the sausages to watch the launch and then the countdown stopped.

Is this the first time a herb chipolata has been held back by a space launch? Probably not, over cooked the eggs into the bargain and those people at Boeing and ULS think they have problems!

Marv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

I was watching live on the ISS app that notifies me of current events.

I was listening in on head phones whilst cooking the dinner. I had to stop frying the sausages to watch the launch and then the countdown stopped.

Is this the first time a herb chipolata has been held back by a space launch? Probably not, over cooked the eggs into the bargain and those people at Boeing and ULS think they have problems!

Marv

When discussing events of such magnitude like this, i think its important to use the correct scientific nomenclature so as to avoid any dangerous confusion.

Don't all chipolata sausages contain herbs by default, or is there a yet undiscovered (by me) subset of chipolatas containing extra herbs? :)

1 minute ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

When discussing events of such magnitude like this, i think its important to use the correct scientific nomenclature so as to avoid any dangerous confusion.

Don't all chipolata sausages contain herbs by default, or is there a yet undiscovered (by me) subset of chipolatas containing extra herbs? :)

I live in a rare environment in which your standard nomenclature may not apply.

I live near Toulouse. They have their own entire sausage type. A Chipolata in the periphery of Toulouse is just a skinny minor inferior sausage note worthy of the name.

However. To bring the Chipolata in this place up one rung on the ladder, Herbs de Provence are added.

Now this is very flavouring, but importing herbs from Provence which let's face it, is a different country! Keeps the Chipolata in any form, well below the Toulouse sausage.

Again Boeing and ULC think they have problems.

Marv

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

I live in a rare environment in which your standard nomenclature may not apply.

I live near Toulouse. They have their own entire sausage type. A Chipolata in the periphery of Toulouse is just a skinny minor inferior sausage note worthy of the name.

However. To bring the Chipolata in this place up one rung on the ladder, Herbs de Provence are added.

Now this is very flavouring, but importing herbs from Provence which let's face it, is a different country! Keeps the Chipolata in any form, well below the Toulouse sausage.

Again Boeing and ULC think they have problems.

Marv

I need to get some Herbs de Provence chipolatas now ty :)

i somehow thing my local Morrisons won't sell them :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On Thursday the BBC reported the first three launches as "failed".

BTW thought it was called Starship not Starliner ?

Michael

Edited by michael8554

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

On Thursday the BBC reported the first three launches as "failed".

BTW thought it was called Starship not Starliner ?

Michael

bbc has dropped in quality massively over the last 14 years or so. its now basically little more than a government propaganda outlet. 

bbc now seems to stand for Bread Before Circuses

just needs regular songs to the dear leader and the North Korean state broadcaster would  be jealous :(

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

bbc has dropped in quality massively over the last 14 years or so. its now basically little more than a government propaganda outlet. 

bbc now seems to stand for Bread Before Circuses

just needs regular songs to the dear leader and the North Korean state broadcaster would  be jealous :(

I thought it was renamed the (un)British Bull**** Corporation a few years back. 😂 But then again, I'm of a generation that is a real pain in the posterior to all political institutions - I've seen it all before and the outcomes their idealologies spawn too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony Acorn said:

I thought it was renamed the (un)British Bull**** Corporation a few years back. 😂 But then again, I'm of a generation that is a real pain in the posterior to all political institutions - I've seen it all before and the outcomes their idealologies spawn too.

id settle for basic accuracy, some semblance of impartiality and investment in spell checking.

what concerns me is future governments will do the same, now, because "they did so why can't we" :(

• Like 1

On 01/06/2024 at 21:59, maw lod qan said:

I was only scheduled 5 hours, so I hurried out to the car to livestream the launch.

It got to 3:51, then a hold was called!

From what I understand it was because of computers not communicating with each other. 

Better safe that sorry.

i hope they checked their usb cables. its always usb cables.

• 2 weeks later...