NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Milky way at Slate Henge 4th May 2024

Posted (edited)

The Milky way over the village display called Slate henge near Delabole Slate Quarry, North Cornwall. 

Taken with Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8. 

Taken on 4th May 2024. 

Sky is 15x13secs at 3200iso f2. 8

Foreground is 1x60secs 1600iso F4 Long exposure noise reduction. 

Processed in Photoshop and starnett 2.

Clear skies 

Lee 

Milky-Way-SlateHenge-4-5-24-01_edit_386751864525881.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 17

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

You really have the hang of this lark now Lee. 😁 Fantastic 👍

Haha. I'm pleased you think so 😊. Thank you so much. I've got to say I  really love this Widefield imaging. Less stressful than the deep sky I was doing (I still miss it in a sadistic way) and easier to just pick up my kit and go out and about. I admire all  the dso imagers for your commitment and perseverance. Even if there are clouds about they will always make an interesting timelapse. Though obviously I still prefer no clouds. 

Since learning how to mask foregrounds properly I've really enjoyed it and of course just being out under the stars listening to the wildlife and the calming nature of peacefulness. 

Clear skies 

Lee

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

That's fantastic, Lee.  What a location! I do love all the crazy ancient stoney things in Cornwall!

Thank you Paul, that is very kind of you indeed. 

As I don't drive and unable to visit further afield I try to find places in the village that provide some interest and this site is a long stones throw away. 

I will keep scouting around for interesting parts to the village for inspiration, though sometimes on work nights it's hard to go to areas so I stick to my 2 favourite locations for northerly or southerly views. 

Really hoping to be more adventurous on work evenings. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

• Like 2