Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leviathan

Ags

I had a look at this big spot today in white light and Ha, but I think white light won. Today I was ready with all the astro software reinstalled on my fixed (?) laptop, so I took some shots with the ASI120MM, which did a rather good job I think. This is drizzled 3x, seems to work! The Ha shots were garbage with loads of Newton rings.

green_drizzle_3_siril.thumb.jpg.c8f2160f09cd5d1eff504a58c527307b.jpg

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Nice shot. Was a close thing between Ca-K and white light for me but the white light view was quite spectacular.

Edited by David Smith
Cannot type straight!
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Ags said:

I had a look at this big spot today in white light and Ha, but I think white light won. Today I was ready with all the astro software reinstalled on my fixed (?) laptop, so I took some shots with the ASI120MM, which did a rather good job I think. This is drizzled 3x, seems to work! The Ha shots were garbage with loads of Newton rings.

green_drizzle_3_siril.thumb.jpg.c8f2160f09cd5d1eff504a58c527307b.jpg

Hmm, the shape looks like it’s spelling Ags 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, LukeTheNuke said:

Yeah. I think white light is arguably better value, especially when spots like those turn up! How do you get on with your Solar Scout? Are you happy with it?

It’s fine for full disk views, but at full 60 mm aperture it is only good for viewing proms. To see the more delicate surface detail, I stop the scope down to 43 mm.

• Thanks 1