NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did I take a picture of?

Hi!

I’m still very much new to this hobby and have been experimenting taking photos with my phone (IPhone 15 Plus for reference).

I’ve just edited these pictures by taking the brightness down and the contrast up, so nothing too professional, but I was wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to help me label what I’ve taken pictures of? Specific stars, constellations, etc.

For reference, I’m in the UK (north) and all three of these pictures were taken 11th May between 00:32 - 00:35.

I tried to use apps like skyview etc but i couldn’t get my wifi to work sufficiently - so I’m sorry for asking a lot of questions.

Thank you so much, any help is truly appreciated.

IMG_6778.thumb.jpeg.f6f696c3ba512a4d3e896eae5f2a1981.jpeg

IMG_6784.thumb.jpeg.231ca377d3a963ed4a8ff5877488a4bd.jpegIMG_6786.thumb.jpeg.049eecd41b70f615ce4b496db029bbd1.jpeg

You can upload them to astrometry.net and it'll annotate them for you.

If you'd like to do it manually you can cross reference with a sky atlas like Stellarium or Sky Safari.

1 hour ago, Elp said:

You can upload them to astrometry.net and it'll annotate them for you.

If you'd like to do it manually you can cross reference with a sky atlas like Stellarium or Sky Safari.

Thank you so much! I’ve never used astrometry.net before so I’m unsure if I’ve uploaded them correctly, but they should be there under the ID strayteez324 (49648)

Posted (edited)

Your second image solved, after a long time. It's a very large field of view and I suspect astrometry.net limits the annotations it applies to such images. The result is below.

There are Apps that dont require wifi or GSM connection. Try the basic SkySafari.

10556172.jpeg

Edited by AstroKeith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2024 at 01:17, kellysaturn said:

I’ve just edited these pictures by taking the brightness down and the contrast up, so nothing too professional, but I was wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to help me label what I’ve taken pictures of? Specific stars, constellations, etc.

Besides all the constellations mentioned by others, it appears that you may have captured the Aurora as well 🙂

• Like 1