Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First successful moon shot

gman

Hi all,

I took this picture on the 3rd of May using a canon eos 350d on the back of a zenithstar 70. I spent most of the session trying to find the sweet spot for focusing and was lucky enough to come away with a couple of half decent images. I was pretty pleased with this one in particular. The shot settings were ISO 100 and 1/500s shutter speed.

Gareth

post-16534-1338773713_thumb.jpg

Very nice Gareth well worth it :icon_rolleyes:

One method I use especially for earlier almost daylight shots is to estimate the best focus then back it off slightly then keep taking shots whilst making tiny adjustments to the focus...fairly straightforward on a 10:1 crayford focuser.

Peter...

I'm hoping to try some luna photography soon too Jarndyce. It'll be afocal though - never done it before so if I get something half as crisp as Gareth's shot I'll be very pleased. Think I'm gonna wait a while though til there's some nice crater action at the terminator!

Archived