Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First proper go with the 250 Quattro

Wow wow wow! New to the Newt Club, I set up last night in the hopes of just a few hours as the forecast was a bit hit and miss for my area, but really wanted to try and make a good first image, not just a test image. Ended up setting the big rig off for 5hrs worth of imaging and went to bed. Woke up with the scope parked and the entire imaging run complete including flip. Happy days. Checked the data when I got back from work and only had to toss 2 subs out of 150, looks like it was due to not settling after a dither. Guiding averaged 0.81" over the whole run, moderately balanced and there is some backlash developing in the mount, so happy days again :) I took flats this time as well in the hopes of it calibrating out that nasty halo, and job done :D Cropped in the edges where it didn't quite flip and frame itself properly, and here is my result. Bearing in mind I'm yet to fit the EAF, properly collimate the scope, and properly seal it against light leaks, I'm very pleased with this indeed. Criticism welcome!

It's 130x120s sub frames for 4hrs 20mins of exposure. Shot with the ASI533MC-Pro, UV/IR Cut, SW 250P Quattro @F/4, mounted on the EQ6-R Pro, guided OAG by ASI290MM-Mini, manual focus and sequenced by ASIAIR Plus. Stacked in DSS and processed with PS.

M51250PQFirstImage.thumb.png.374d408f516e983bfeb8278cc709bd90.png

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, OK Apricot said:

Criticism welcome!

Nothing to criticise as seen by my eyes. Nicely captured and delicately processed. 

I find many of the images that have been sharpened by the latest software tools to be quite jolting, almost unpleasant to look at. 

• Like 1