NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Graxpert 3.0 Denoise

New Features

• Added an AI model for denoising linear images
  • Redesigned the user interface for incorporating the denoising model
  • Extended GraXpert's cli interface with a denoising command. Run graxpert -h from a terminal to view the cli documentation
  • For gpu acceleration during denoising, please note: on Windows, we rely on DirectML which requires a DirectX 12 compatible graphics card. On Linux, we rely on CUDA 12 and libcudnn8. On macOS, we rely on CoreML
  • Repackaged AI models in .onnx format. This simplifies to provide GPU acceleration on different hardware platforms for us. Thanks a lot to Riccardo for his pull requests!

Frank aka astrophotocologne has created  introductory video on GraXpert 3.0:

Download:

https://www.graxpert.com/

Cuiv, The Lazy Geek also made video about it. 

Deep Space Astro

First run comparison to PI and RC astro NoiseXterminator 

Edited by Dark Raven
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I get the following error in PixInsight using MacOS (Intel) platform. I have reset all the repositories and updated them again but still get this error for GraXpert and GraXpertDenoise.

Processing script file: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/Toolbox/Graxpert.js

*** Error: Signature verification failed for 'GraXpert': Invalid code signature: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/Toolbox/Graxpert.js

Yes just tried Graxpert 3.0 in Windows 10. Error when denoising. The download went ok though. It started denoising but quickly popped up with error to look at log.

The AI 1.0 is downloaded. And denoising in Siril works ok so I  would be surprised  if there is not enough memory. It is probably software new release issue. See if anybody finds the issue

1 hour ago, Flyingfuzz said:

I get an error when running the denoise section in Windows 10.

Anyone else have this issue?

background extraction works just fine. Logs do not help

image.png.dfa1aa87710cb8281783a53377aa3d2b.png

Are you using it via pixinsight? If so run it first standalone, get the denoise ai and gradient ai 

Exit and use it within pixinsight.

Might fix this.

• Like 1

Works without errors for me on a Windows 11 pc, although gradient removal output seems noisier than previous version.  Need to test on a few more images.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

I get the following error in PixInsight using MacOS (Intel) platform. I have reset all the repositories and updated them again but still get this error for GraXpert and GraXpertDenoise.

Processing script file: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/Toolbox/Graxpert.js

*** Error: Signature verification failed for 'GraXpert': Invalid code signature: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/Toolbox/Graxpert.js

Resolved. Updated to build 1605.

• Like 2

Downloaded and tried Graxpert for the first time today. The noise reduction and everything else  works very well for me (standalone Windows version). Why not add sharpening and star reduction as well? You know you want to 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ags said:

Downloaded and tried Graxpert for the first time today. The noise reduction and everything else  works very well for me (standalone Windows version). Why not add sharpening and star reduction as well? You know you want to 😃

I've been using astro sharp last week or so and it seems good. I'm a noob but might be worth a try?

I"m not sure what has happened with 3.0, it takes over 2 minutes to open, loads a file, then when denoising or background immediately hangs or throws the above error. the log only has the date and no further info. v2.2 worked flawlessly.

Win11 23H2 64bg ram, 1.6tb free space. I tried it on an older win11 ver22h2, and it does the same. reinstalled v2.2 and that works as expected.

any ideas?

thanks

Further to my entry yesterday where I stated that it was fine on windows 11, I stacked a few from last night and tried the programme, it failed like others reported. I then loaded it into photoshop and did a few curve stretches, saved it back into original folder. Tried the Graxpert again, worked without error.

I found the same AI Denoise problem with Windows 10 displaying the ”Runtime Error” on the stand alone version.
My PC running Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4291), basically with the latest updates, and has the problem but my observatory PC, which never gets updates and is not online just the local LAN (and only connected to the WEB to download things like these AI models) is version 19O3 (OS Build 18362.535) very old, and GraXpert 3.0.0 runs on it without problems... goes to show that being up to date with Windows updates is not always beneficial… I’d say quite rarely so when Microsoft is involved.

This is a known problem to the developer so I’m sure version 3.0.1 is just around the corner.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I found the same AI Denoise problem with Windows 10 displaying the ”Runtime Error” on the stand alone version.
My PC running Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4291), basically with the latest updates, and has the problem but my observatory PC, which never gets updates and is not online just the local LAN (and only connected to the WEB to download things like these AI models) is version 19O3 (OS Build 18362.535) very old, and GraXpert 3.0.0 runs on it without problems... goes to show that being up to date with Windows updates is not always beneficial… I’d say quite rarely so when Microsoft is involved.

This is a known problem to the developer so I’m sure version 3.0.1 is just around the corner.

Same issue, that’ll teach me to keep up to date! 🤣

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Same issue, that’ll teach me to keep up to date! 🤣

Version 3.0.1 is available... I'll test it later to see if the bug/incompatibility was fixed...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/04/2024 at 04:55, Flyingfuzz said:

I get an error when running the denoise section in Windows 10.

Anyone else have this issue?

background extraction works just fine. Logs do not help

image.png.dfa1aa87710cb8281783a53377aa3d2b.png

I have the same problem. Denoise crashes., in both  Windows 10 and Pixinsight. Otherwiswise program works fine. Attached are log and Python Error message

Error message.jpg

graxpert.log

It works fine for me but the source of my image file is DSS. Possibly images generated by other programs are not supported? Even if two programs generate the same format, they may use different optional features of that format...

29 minutes ago, Ags said:

It works fine for me but the source of my image file is DSS. Possibly images generated by other programs are not supported? Even if two programs generate the same format, they may use different optional features of that format...

"Background Extraction" and  "Crop" modules work absolutly fine in Graxpert 3.0. It is only Denoise that has the problem. I have been using .fits files from ASTAP but I think I tried a TIFF file with no luck

Good news.. version 3.0.2 of stand alone GraXpert is released which has AI 2.0.0 and, most important, the ability to turn off hardware acceleration for Denoising, which fixed the runtime error in the latest versions of Windows 10... good start... slow but better than nothing... thank you GraXpert team...

• Like 1