Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon mosaic, 138 megapixels

On a whim, I mounted the C11 last night intending to do a bit of a shakedown of the setup after adding a new focus motor and powerbox.

I got carried away.

47 panels, 500 frames each. C11, ProPlanet 642 filter with the asi178mm

Stacked in AS!4.0.11, Mosaic in MS ICE, processed PixInsight and PS

Click (34mb just under 12000 x 12000)

47panelmosaic-138.5megapixels.thumb.jpg.0d327f293e34ee65443f998770be6db4.jpg

• Like 18

Well....  now THAT is just wonderfully insane.   I absolutely love it and I salute you for your attempting it...  and best yet,  succeeding!   A wonderful image.   You can see some panels here and there that suffered a little from variable seeing...  but not many!   Your seeing mostly held for the whole thing!  Fabulous!   I hope to do something similar one day with my own C11.  :))))))

Mike

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yawning Angel said:

Thanks! I could almost wallpaper the house with it 🙂

😁 What taking the individual images did you reposition the telescope manually each time?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Well....  now THAT is just wonderfully insane.   I absolutely love it and I salute you for your attempting it...  and best yet,  succeeding!   A wonderful image.   You can see some panels here and there that suffered a little from variable seeing...  but not many!   Your seeing mostly held for the whole thing!  Fabulous!   I hope to do something similar one day with my own C11.  :))))))

Mike

Thank you! I was amazed that my seeing held up as well as it did for the mosaic. I looks forward to seeing your rendition, Mike!

14 minutes ago, John_D said:

😁 What taking the individual images did you reposition the telescope manually each time?

Yes, a manual slew each time. I eyeball a surface feature near the edge I'm moving towards, then slew till it's in the equivalent position on the other side. This gives me plenty of overlap for ICE to align the segments. You can see the overlap in these folder thumbnails

tiles.thumb.png.c41ac50f4546f3a354a9a4077d2c3ffb.png

• Thanks 1