Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big Mars

robindurant

It's hard to feel to much pity for the willingly ignorant though Robin. I had somebody rush out to tell me that they had heard on the radio that it was going to be "The closest approach of the planets in the constellation of Libra" a couple of weeks ago. Of course, they meant the Lyrid meteor shower.

I'm very tempted sometimes when people ask a half hearted question, or when body language shows that they are not really interested in the answers, to go all twitchy and grab them by the shoulder, and whisper in a raspy voice "I know they are out there, I've seen them!", and then refuse point blank to say any more. "You HAVE to forget what I told you, for your own safety!"

The other thing that creeps out the general public is star parties, with all the telescopes appearing to point at the same thing in the daytime. Great for rumours :icon_rolleyes:

Haven't seen many pics from you lately? Hope things are ok.

Tim

The other thing that creeps out the general public is star parties, with all the telescopes appearing to point at the same thing in the daytime. Great for rumours ;)

Try pointing yours in a different direction , that really gets them :icon_rolleyes:

I also received something along these lines in a powerpoint presentation at work from one of my colleagues, he was a bit disapointed when I told him it wasn't correct.

On reading through it it seemed like a re-issue of the one that I can sort of remember that was released for the 2003 Mars opposition ?

Andy

I get several copies of this every year from well-intentioned though misguided individuals. Even my daughter has just forwarded it to me. It was grossly exaggerated even for the August 2003 apparition. How can an email like this be killed once and for all?

Archived