Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12 hours ago, Carbon Brush said:

Interesting to note.

Looking when the OP last visited. There has been the opportunity to look at all of the questioning and helpful posts made earlier than this one.
No photos or other scope/eyepiece information, or 'fixed now' thanks, reports have been forthcoming from the OP.
I have noticed a lot of 'help' posts being made by new members, usually followed by lots of helpful advice from established members, sometimes with requests for further information.
But all too often the new member does not respond.

In this thread a great deal was made of @900SL response.
Although some would not consider it to be the best worded response. It does comprise valid content.

OK moan over.

The OP revisited a few hours ago, hopefully he/she got the information needed from the constructive posts.

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 4

Oh dear, I guess I won't be winning 'most liked' of the day with my earlier post.

In my defence, if you look back you will find that I am generally helpful and contribute to the beginners section. However, there are dozens of posts where the OP's don't clearly define the issue, necessitating a Q&A session to establish the basics, and I don't tend to contribute to such, have a low tolerance threshold. I will, as suggested, refrain from posting in response to such posts in future 

A sticky would perhaps help in this regard, as I suggested earlier, requesting that beginners tabulate scope, mount, location, and imaging parameters etc if appropriate.

• Like 4

On 04/04/2024 at 11:51, 900SL said:

I generally try to assist in these threads, but occasionally, before morning coffee, I let go with both barrels 😆 

I quite liked this line and had a wry smile at it,  no caffeine fix early in the day . It appealed to my sense of humour.

• Like 2