Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula SHO & HSS

Following a gap of six years, I thought it was time to revisit the Rosette Nebula again this year, hoping to capture even better its unique and complex beauty.  Unfortunately, the skies here have been awful since last November and, as a result, imaging possibilities have been very limited.  However, over five nights from January to March I was eventually able to obtain 9-hours of 10-minute Ha, OIII and SII subs.  I’m pleased with the final SHO image, which successfully displays the intricate details and colours that arise from the make-up and dynamic processes that makes the nebula so popular.  Furthermore, experimenting with an HSS palette produced an alternative and exciting image of the rose of night sky.

Graham

Equipment William Optics GT81 + ZWO ASI294MM

Ha 18 x 600 sec

OIII 18 x 600 sec

SII 18 x 600 sec

RGB 20 x 60 sec each

Total Integration: 10 hr

Rosette Nebual SHO.jpg

Rosette Nebula HSS.jpg

• Like 4

Many thanks for the comments, much appreciated.  Like most of us in the UK, my imaging has been severely curtailed this winter and I had to eke out a few minutes here and there between the rain and clouds even to get this, so was keen to make the most of the data.

Graham