Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope Trolleys?

stefski

Hi DIYers,

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I want to make a trolley of some sort, so that I can take my NX11 out of the garage and into the garden without having to dismantle it + all the wires etc as I have to do at the mo. I am not too great at DIY, but want to give something like this a go.....Ultimate plan is to convert the garage into a sort of 'mission control', as it has a window that faces the garden, and the 'scope gets pushed outside whenever its to be used.

Ideas? Considerations? Costs? Any suggestions welcome!:icon_rolleyes:

Stef

you could use a triangular piece of 18mm ply drill some small diameter holes to locate the tripod legs fit three plate castors.... and use spiked tee nuts (fitted from underneath) and bolts to jack it up off the wheels and level it when its in place...

B&Q Castor Plate Fitting 100mm, 0000003206904

Tee Nut AVF-860812 Pack Of 10 (W)M8, AVF-860812

Peter...

If anyone wanted something better than the ScopeBuggy there's this Italian one made from stainless steel.

Geoptik Buggy GEOVAN 1

http://www.mimas-astronomia.it/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=128&products_id=802&zenid=82a03c8a0387e4d2e5b8fcd47e70af63

I have a ScopeBuggy and it is made from thin wall steel tube sections that only loosely fasten together and needed a lot of improvements to strengthen it and make it what it should have been when I bought it. It's OK now but I would buy something better if I bought another buggy in the future.

John

• 5 months later...

I have built a Stewart Sled (Google AstroDesigns) for my 12in LX200 Classic and used as shown with a cheap Sack Barrow it works very well. I can wheel the entire scope complete with optional (heavy) wedge, battery etc from the garage 150ft or so with no difficuly. Cost about £30 for the wood including shelf and £28 for the barrow.

• 1 year later...

Hi - I was interested in the comments about the Geoptik Geovan-1

If anyone wanted something better than the ScopeBuggy there's this Italian one made from stainless steel.

Geoptik Buggy GEOVAN 1

http://www.mimas-astronomia.it/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=128&product s_id=802&zenid=82a03c8a0387e4d2e5b8fcd47e70af63

I have a ScopeBuggy and it is made from thin wall steel tube sections that only loosely fasten together and needed a lot of improvements to strengthen it and make it what it should have been when I bought it. It's OK now but I would buy something better if I bought another buggy in the future.

John

Has anyone used one of these, and what did you think?

Colin

Archived