Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Huge Prom

I have the same scope, I think it is pretty nice! Don't have any experience of other Ha scopes, so I basically know nothing though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Albir phil said:

Hi I have the same scope what's your opinion on it 🤔

I've had it for three years now, and it has been my most used scope by far. If I were allowed just one scope, the Daystar would be it.

There has been a lot of talk of the variable quality of the quark that goes into it, but as far as I am concerned, mine is good. I haven't looked through any others, or any other Ha scope for that matter, so nothing to compare it to.

As an entry point to hydrogen alpha observating, I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Edited by Roy Challen

11 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

I've had it for three years now, and it has been my most used scope by far. If I were allowed just one scope, the Daystar would be it.

There has been a lot of talk of the variable quality of the quark that goes into it, but as far as I am concerned, mine is good. I haven't looked through any others, or any other Ha scope for that matter, so nothing to compare it to.

As an entry point to hydrogen alpha observating, I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Thanks for reply, as I said I have same scope probably like you for 3 years.i haven't used it much, a bit disappointed with it, but having seen your image I'll get it out and spend more time with it.Think I may have been a bit unfair to it.🤔

1 minute ago, Albir phil said:

Thanks for reply, as I said I have same scope probably like you for 3 years.i haven't used it much, a bit disappointed with it, but having seen your image I'll get it out and spend more time with it.Think I may have been a bit unfair to it.🤔

I wouldn't take a phone image through a Ha scope as any sign of quality. The view through it is far superior. For a start, the sun appears deep orange, not pink. But the level of detail and contrast through the eyepiece is totally different.

The image is a crayon scribble compared to a Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece!

Agreed! Taking Ha images with a phone is blooming hard and the results rarely show anything vaguely approaching what you see at the eyepiece.

I’ve heard the SolarScouts can be variable, much like the Quarks from Daystar I guess so it’s a bit of a lottery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

I wouldn't take a phone image through a Ha scope as any sign of quality. The view through it is far superior. For a start, the sun appears deep orange, not pink. But the level of detail and contrast through the eyepiece is totally different.

The image is a crayon scribble compared to a Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece!

I'll get it out and see what I can get with my DSLR,

• Like 1

Just now, Albir phil said:

I'll get it out and see what I can get with my DSLR,

Give it a go! At the end of the day, it is ine of the cheapest Ha scopes available (at least it was 3 years ago). As mentioned, I have not had any experience with any other Ha scopes, so mine may also be disappointing to someone else...but I'm happy with it.

1 hour ago, Roy Challen said:

For what it's worth, the tuning knob was turned fully anticlockwise.

Ok thanks for that info.  I always say if you are happy with something that all that matters 🤓