SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atlas of the Messier Objects: Highlights of the Deep Sky

Excellent!

I am especially looking forward to exciting new images and the latest developments in the understanding of M40.

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2024 at 19:40, JeremyS said:

Thanks for posting Jeremy.  The 1st edition has always been the first book I pick up for Messier object information.  It sounds almost like a new book, I must order it, damn! 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xsubmariner said:

Good steer Jeremy. Now ordered, hope you're getting commission? 👏

I ought to as it’s published on my birthday!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am deeply disappointed. I ordered the book on 10th March through Amazon for its release on 28th March. Now I have a notification it is expected May-October. WHS indicated it was in stock 1-2 weeks, so cancelled order with Amazon and ordered through WHS, a week later I am now notified they are trying to source. Don’t you just love the annoying aspects of internet retail. 🤬

Did not realise I was sitting on such a gold mine! Have to confess, not sure I recall ever opening the book. Time to correct that error I feel.

IMG_4875.thumb.jpeg.ef3b4f714a285b306774af201f51dd09.jpeg

Edited by DirkSteele
Typo
  • Like 1

I have had the same update from Amazon @Xsubmarinerbut left my order in place. On the Cambridge University Press website (the publisher) it just says “coming soon” so read into that what you will but clearly a publishing delay rather than a stocking issue.  

i buy quite a bit of music on pre-order and have to keep a list of what I have outstanding otherwise I could not receive half of it and would probs not remember what I was missing  😂

It's not unusual for books to be published later than the first date the publishers announce.

The longest I have waited for was nearly two years - but it wasn't an astronomy book.  There were at least four dates announced between the first one and the date it was published.

Edited by paulastro