Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrade the 15x70 "generic".

Hello
Currently I have and use a 15x70 binocular, let's say "generic" of the Sky Master type or similar.... and I want to upgrade it to another 15x70 or 16x70 model since I like the architecture of this model, that is, its exit pupil and its visual field..., but I am looking for eyepieces with individual focus, the one I have is with a central one, I would like it to have better contrast, luminosity, sharpness, focus... etc.
Would it be a good model?
I would logically like to be able to see a good improvement in all these characteristics.
I would be delighted to have your opinions.
thank you so much

The Helios Apollo 15x70 are decent bins but the Lunt 16x70 are a bit more expensive and a bit better but you may need to get these 2nd hand as not sure if still made these days 

I have had the Helios Apollo 15x70s and they were excellent, but then the Helios LightQuest 16x80 came along, and it is slightly better and somewhat lighter than the Apollos. The Helios Apollo is a clear step up compared to the generic type, the LightQuest 16x80 is just as easy (or difficult) to hold as the Apollo 15x70, and a marked step up again.

• 1 month later...

Are you using a tripod? Then I would recommend Orion Resolux 15x70 moderately priced, the reason I ask of a tripod is that they weigh around 2.5 kg, built to last though. 
I had a pair 15 years ago but had no tripod so sold them, I now have the 7x50 and I love them, such a crisp image with individual focusing.

chaz

I have Orion Giant View 15x70 IF.  I like them, but they are heavy and really work best with a tripod / monopod.  I did have Celestron SkyMaster 15x70s and while I liked their light weight, they were not something I'd ever buy again.

Edited by jjohnson3803

Thank you all for your responses, yesterday I saw a 15x70, I think it was TS and it had some ep. huge, for God's sake, I couldn't fit my nose between them, what an awkward observation