Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Really is last go at this.....

Got yet another night of nearly all clouds and everything going wrong. guide cam all over the place for 2nd night of trying.

I think ive narrowed it down to the ST4 cable from guide cam to NEQ6PRO mound but for the sake of a fiver well find out in a few days time when it arrives.

Anyway it was still there to the side of garage so i got 27 x 1 min unguided subs of M42 with darks and flats.

Took filter out this time to see the difference and there is noticably more colour.

Clear skies

Stu

LASTGO2024.jpg

• Like 15

Agree very nice image, I suspect from your comment that there is some history to your guiding issues. My only thought is why not do without the ST4 cable altogether, with the benefit of one less cable to worry about and no need to recalibrate on every target. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PhilB61 said:

Agree very nice image, I suspect from your comment that there is some history to your guiding issues. My only thought is why not do without the ST4 cable altogether, with the benefit of one less cable to worry about and no need to recalibrate on every target. 

Yeah there's that option too. If I can't figure it out I'll try that route.

It's been fine for last 5 or 6 years and last 2 session no go 😢

It's relatively easy to see if the ST4 cable is faulty by looking at the  guiding behaviour in the GuideLog, if you're using PHD2.

"Anyway it was still there to the side of garage"

What is "it" ?

Michael

Edited by michael8554

3 hours ago, michael8554 said:

It's relatively easy to see if the ST4 cable is faulty by looking at the  guiding behaviour in the GuideLog, if you're using PHD2.

"Anyway it was still there to the side of garage"

What is "it" ?

Michael

M42