SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

UK supplier of Touptek Astro cameras

For those that did not know, there is a UK supplier of all the Touptek Astro cameras, theses are tried and tested cameras, and have been supplying to the scientific market for a long time, and are used in many of the big retailers models, ie, Altair Astro, Omegon and explorer scientific all use Touptek hardware based cameras and rebrand…

I personally did not know about a UK dealer of them until yesterday…

This maybe of some use to some of you, obviously the prices are not as cheap as buying from china, but are cheaper than the bigger well known brands..

https://www.microscopecameras.co.uk/astronomy-cameras

• Like 4

That’s interesting. I think my next camera will probably be a Touptek for budgetary reasons. Been looking on aliexpress but having a local supplier will remove the hassle of customs fees. Good find 👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vallantho said:

That’s interesting. I think my next camera will probably be a Touptek for budgetary reasons. Been looking on aliexpress but having a local supplier will remove the hassle of customs fees. Good find 👍👍

I’m afraid the UK Touptek prices aren’t in  the same league as the same camera from China.

Paying the Customs fees is straightforward, the hassle comes if or when you have to return the camera for repair or service.

26 minutes ago, tomato said:

I’m afraid the UK Touptek prices aren’t in  the same league as the same camera from China.

Paying the Customs fees is straightforward, the hassle comes if or when you have to return the camera for repair or service.

Agreed, some people would much prefer to only have to send back to a UK dealer though, but certainly if you are happy to pay the fees and send it back to china if there is an issue, then yes buy from china, not sure what the price difference would be from china with fees, or from UK dealer fees and VAT all in…maybe not that much…🤔🤔

Actually an apology and a correction is in order, I’ve just checked the Touptek UK price for the IMX571c against the RC version and the Touptek UK price inc VAT is lower than the RC price before VAT and import charges are applied. The RC price has increased significantly (like most things) since my purchase in 2021.

This really makes purchasing from Touptek UK a no brainer in my book.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Wow that is a lot more for us, £1370 plus 20% VAT, and the same camera here is £1170 all in…

1370 includes 20 % UK VAT.

Having access to competing products at better price points than the competition whilst offering UK point of contact for warranty/returns is very much welcomed. I can only see this as a gain for everyone.

• Like 2