Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bode's Galaxy + (a bit of IFN)

AstroGS

With average moon luminosity of 80%-90% and with the south part of the sky almost fully covered, I had to choose a target as opposite as possible and decided to go for M81 & M82 on LRGB + Ha. This was the 1st proper time that I tried to shoot a galaxy via LRGB and I thought why not, let's add Ha as, it is quite trendy nowadays. How difficult would it be? Well, it was pretty challenging and I spend a good half a day just trying to stretch the images - 5 in total! And then it was the addition of the Ha; well that was a challenge on its own.

But, on the other hand I was happy to see some IFN and this was a first for me.

RGB: 55 x 120 sec each

Lum: 105 x 300sec

Ha: 79 x 300 sec

Processed with PI and Photoshop (!).

It feels over-stretched but, happy for now - any feedback will be appreciated 🙂

RGB_finalimage_clone.jpg

Edited by AstroGS
  • Like 21

On 26/02/2024 at 19:33, ollypenrice said:

That IFN is really impressive.

Olly

@ollypenrice your latest advice on learning how to stretch an image has been an absolute revelation to me and has changed the way i process images. I genuinely spent probably over 6 hrs trying to stretch the images only, starting all over again and again, until i got the level of detail as best as i could. All the other processing tasks (combined) took less time to complete! Thank you 🙂

I have started using PS in combination with Pixinsight now and it makes so much more sense.

• Like 1