Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The forgotten lonely PN PuWe1 caught with my piggybacking Samyang 135

gorann

Back in October 2023 I was imaging this planetary nebula with my dual RASA8 rig. Apparently I forgot to look at what my piggybacking Samyang 135 had collected that night. Now I stumbled on the data and processed it. I also added about 50% RASA data to the PN. Stretching the data to bring out a quite faint PN also brings out a lot of dust.

Why do not more people add a piggyback to their rig? This is about 5 hours of data caught with the Samyang 135 @f2 and with an Omegon veTEC571C with IDAS NBZ filter. Processed in PI and PS with the new XT tools.

It is a quite pretty PN that looks a bit lonely out there.

Comments most welcome as always😉

20231008 PuWe1 SY135 PS11smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 12

12 hours ago, gorann said:

Why do not more people add a piggyback to their rig?

It's a thought, don't know why I've never done it, maybe the additional effort to rig and run it (added cost too, extra controller etc).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomato said:

When I put the RASA on the mount, the SY135 goes alongside it, but I need to get my RisingCam IMX571 fixed to use it with the lens.

Is it on its way to China now?