Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star adventurer GTI issues

Can anyone help with a couple of issues i have with the star adventure GTi  i have come accross. 
No1 issue is tracking, star trailing even at 30 seconds, polar alignment is spot on so not that, both axis seem to be pretty stiff when balancing. The tracking says sidereal and on. The scope i have attached is the evolux 62ed so not overloaded either.

the other issue is the redlight flashes at different rates and i cant find anything about that in manuals. 
should say the mount is new as well only had it a week. Any advice/ help would be most grateful.

Scott

IMG_1392.jpeg

The original Star Adventurer manual has the following details of the LEDs

Warning Status: LEDs will blink at a 0.5-second rate in two cases:

1. Firmware upgrading: When updating the firmware, LEDs on the Star Adventurer will

blink as a warning not to turn off power.

2. Battery low (The battery voltage is lower than roughly 4.5V): Star Adventurer supports

most of the AA batteries. When using rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) batteries, please

replace the batteries when it indicates low battery in order to protect the batteries from over

discharge. When using Alkaline batteries, the system will run normally for a while after indicating

battery low.

Motor Error Status: LED will blink at a 3-times-per-second rate in two cases:

1. Motor speed accuracy violation: The motor speed error is over 5%. If this keeps

happening, the user may need to check for overloading (Max load is 5kg) or low battery l

2. Motor stall: the motor stalls over 5 seconds. May be caused by external interference.

Please check if the mount is blocked by an external force.

You'll be able to confirm whether it was flashing at once every 2 seconds, or 3x per second. 

Edited by Gfamily
Edit to include Quoted material in "Quotes"

3 hours ago, scotttumsh said:

Can anyone help with a couple of issues i have with the star adventure GTi  i have come accross. 
No1 issue is tracking, star trailing even at 30 seconds, polar alignment is spot on so not that, both axis seem to be pretty stiff when balancing. The tracking says sidereal and on. The scope i have attached is the evolux 62ed so not overloaded either.

the other issue is the redlight flashes at different rates and i cant find anything about that in manuals. 
should say the mount is new as well only had it a week. Any advice/ help would be most grateful.

Scott

IMG_1392.jpeg

Could be so many things and you have not provided much information, most likely is your not well polar aligned. Can we at least see a sub frame?

7 hours ago, LaurenceT said:

Are you able to communicate with the mount by. WiFi?

Yes there is connection, i will keep at it. When i used it to point and track it does track well. Thanks

7 hours ago, Adam J said:

Could be so many things and you have not provided much information, most likely is your not well polar aligned. Can we at least see a sub frame?

Hi thanks for the reply. It is well polar aligned, i have it down to goto, as when i did point and track it tracked very well. It is maybe me, as im new to goto function. Thank you

When you rotate the axes manually is the stiffness uniform and are there any odd noises when you do this? Also are there are noises other than the expected mechanical ones when rotating them at full speed by using the Synscan app?

Have you polar aligned any other mount successfully in the past or is this your first go with an EQ setup?

I ask because there are a few things that can go wrong in the PA especially if you are doing it by eye through the polar scope. I’m just making sure the basics are good rather than assuming that the PA is as you say ‘good’.

How, in detail, are you Polar Aligning the mount? 

On 08/02/2024 at 08:38, LaurenceT said:

When you rotate the axes manually is the stiffness uniform and are there any odd noises when you do this? Also are there are noises other than the expected mechanical ones when rotating them at full speed by using the Synscan app?

Sorry for the late reply, there are no strange noises when either manually or during motor operation, its maybe just me.

On 08/02/2024 at 13:03, PadrePeace said:

Have you polar aligned any other mount successfully in the past or is this your first go with an EQ setup?

I ask because there are a few things that can go wrong in the PA especially if you are doing it by eye through the polar scope. I’m just making sure the basics are good rather than assuming that the PA is as you say ‘good’.

How, in detail, are you Polar Aligning the mount? 

Hello sorry for late response, i have used an eq mount for a long time however yes i have always polar aligned by sight as in through the reticule, never had a synscan mount until this one and i see there is an alignment procedure using the app. I will learn better first and will let you know how i get on. Though weather may hold that up a bit!

1 hour ago, scotttumsh said:

Hello sorry for late response, i have used an eq mount for a long time however yes i have always polar aligned by sight as in through the reticule, never had a synscan mount until this one and i see there is an alignment procedure using the app. I will learn better first and will let you know how i get on. Though weather may hold that up a bit!

That’s fine. I just wanted to check that the PA wasn’t the issue. 

14 hours ago, PadrePeace said:

That’s fine. I just wanted to check that the PA wasn’t the issue. 

I have just checked the polar scope for being true in the mount. And i found that it was offset so I have centred that. Thank you once again.