Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is Touptek taking on ZWO in equipment control gadgets?

wimvb

30 minutes ago, wimvb said:

I saw this in a Swedish AP group on Facebook. It seems That Touptek is about to launch its own version of the ASIAIR.  The device seems based on a raspberry pi and has power output ports. It comes with an app.

https://www.facebook.com/NickEnterprise/posts/831715765633781?ref=embed_post

Hmmm, interesting, I can’t see it on FB as I don’t use that toilet….but very intrigued…👍🏻

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Will it have open access to all brands of equipment, unlike the ASIair?

Let’s hope so. My guess is that it will. Touptek is commonly rebranded and doesn’t have enough market share to be able to pull off that ZWO stunt. But it means that they will be competing with StellarMate.

I hope a good alternative to the ASI Air is released by someone. I am quite tempted by the device but since I have a ToupTek-based camera (RisingCam 571) I cannot use it, and find the idea of being restricted in terms of equipment manufacturer a little upsetting. Albeit somewhat understandable since as a developer you cannot control quality of other manufacturer's equipment with your control device.

I have had no end of trouble with other forms of control so I welcome any decent additions to the market!

• Like 1