NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Xmas came early!! Power cut !!

beamish

I wasn't aiming to do a great deal tonight other than just check out a few mods and the resulting improved balance on the mount.

Whilst doing some early aligning and checking the tracking IT ALL WENT VERY DARK !

A few oooos from the neighbourhood and a yelp of delight from myself !:icon_rolleyes:

A rare opportunity to do some observing from my home local with acceptable LP.

Bagged loads of fuzzies and just to make all my dreams come true the Eqmod driven mount was placing objects bang smack in the middle of the EP (so lots of synching hee hee) this include on occasion the TMB/burgess 4mm !!!

An abridged list of my tour:

The Blackeye Galaxy M64,

M53,

Cor Caroli,

Cats Eye Galaxy M94( could just make it out),

Whirlpool Galaxy M51, could make out a smudge of a bridge,

Said hello to Alcor,

Beehive M44, that was nice !

then M67,

Paid a visit to Talitha,

Tania Borealis and Australis,

Algieba and friend, could split them,just,

Made out The Eskimo Neb, smudge but definitely there,

I tried for the Cat's Eye Nebula, though could not discern any detail,

M39- nice little open cluster !

And M3 very nice too.

Then the lights came back on and it was back to normality. I half wished I had the camera on ,but you know what I'm glad I didn't in the end. I had to rush in and get the big power station out cos I knew I'd be doing some slewing ;).

And then swung around for Lunar, it appeared in the 20mm silvertop (cheers Rob !) and it was just so crisp-another Wow moment !!

I'd originally only planned to be out there for an hour tops,just got back in ( clouds), but stayed for 4 , don't think the missus is too chuffed.

What a fantastic night !

Karlo

It happened to me a few year's ago Karlo. (thread on sgl somewhere long time ago now)

I thought i knew my back garden well, wrong, I turned around, tripped & went headlong into a rose bed, nearly took my eye out!....Amused, everyone was.:icon_rolleyes:

Still great when it happens.

Mick.G.

Archived