SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A tiny Venus and end of my planetary season...for now

Kon

19 hours ago, bosun21 said:

No derotation as I could tell looking at them that it would be a waste of time and effort. This is just a single 90 second SER through the usual steps of Autostakkert III and Registax. I didn't even open Astrosurface for final tweaks. Oh well, onward and upward as they say. I'll be back at it the next clear night.

I think it’s still worth a go. Not that I have much imaging experience. Eg at about this time last year I got some really good visual views of Jupiter. And of course at that time it was much lower in the sky than it is now. In fact the only reason I gave it a go was because my daughter had some friends over and they wanted to see a planet. Jupiter was really the only option. It was probably one of the best views I had of Jupiter that apparition and better than a lot of this apparition. I nice surprise.

I’m also thinking of investing in a planetary camera. My daughter now has a laptop so I might be able to pinch that. I appreciate there’s a lot to learn, so giving it a go and practicing whenever possible sounds like a good idea. It’s what I’d do too. And even though it might not turn out quite as expected it’s a learning process so the time isn’t wasted. 

• Thanks 1