NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just over a hour on the Triplet

Kai

Another clear night last night (poor seeing though) , had the usual silly problems , like PHD deciding to loose the guide star so shut it down and restart on the same star and then it worked :icon_rolleyes:

I had to loose 9x5min subs due to that and Sat trails but still ended up with 17 usable subs

William Optics ZS66 and a SX H9 guided by a Qhy5 and Ed80

Im fairly happy for a first ever Triplet ( i may try for some RGB subs to make it a colour image)

kai-albums-deep-space-imaging-picture1656-leo-triplet.tif

This is pretty decent given its just an hour. You may have saturated M65 while trying to bring out details in NGC 3628. Processing each one separately will get around this problem.

Thanks,

Vincent.

Everyone seems to have some sort of guiding gremilins at the moment - must be the time of year or something. Excellent attempt though Steve, given only an hour of usable subs, lots of detail in the dust band and 'whispy bits' on NGC3628 and some showing through on both M65 and M66.

Steve..

Nice FOV , Steve.

As others have said the devil is in the processing of these objects.

When I recently imaged NGC 4565 I think 3 subs had sat trails , must be more junk up there than ever.

John

Archived