Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar from the 24th

wookie1965

Great shots Paul @wookie1965, there was definitely a lot going on!

I’m slightly confused though. You list a Continuum filter, but your images are yellow and show a touch of CA I think which shouldn’t be there with a Continuum.

My images are vivid green when I take them and I just desaturate them to white. Which Continuum do you use? I assume you haven’t converted them from green to yellow??

Sorry Stu it's not a continuim filter it's a polarising filter when I bought it I could of sworn it was a continuim filter. 

Just checked now and it's a Astro Essentials polarising filter had the thing 3 years all this time I have been mistaken. 

Paul 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Sorry Stu it's not a continuim filter it's a polarising filter when I bought it I could of sworn it was a continuim filter. 

Just checked now and it's a Astro Essentials polarising filter had the thing 3 years all this time I have been mistaken. 

Paul 

Ahh, that makes more sense 😊👍

Might be worth grabbing a Continuum if you get a chance. I think it will tighten up your solar images and remove that CA.

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ahh, that makes more sense 😊👍

Might be worth grabbing a Continuum if you get a chance. I think it will tighten up your solar images and remove that CA.

I've just sent for one #3 continuim filter. I messed up went on bay thought I was buying a continuim filter it wasn't it was a polarising filter again just asked to cancel it. Thought it was cheap. 

Edited by wookie1965

31 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I've just sent for one #3 continuim filter. I messed up went on bay thought I was buying a continuim filter it wasn't it was a polarising filter again just asked to cancel it. Thought it was cheap. 

Which one did you buy Paul?

3 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I mistakenly bought a polarising filter instead of the continuum filter I did not read the listing properly as it was cheap.

Luckily the seller cancelled the order and refunded me. 

That’s good 👍 

As suggested in our other conversation give your UHC filter a go before forking out on a Continuum. The UHC does a pretty good job of tightening up the image; by filtering on a narrowband of frequencies it effectively removes the CA and enhances the detail.

• Thanks 1