Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Component ID needed

Hi,

Hoping to help a friend out fixing what seems to be a common issue.

Does anyone have a working Skywatcher wifi dongle who is willing to open the cover and either take closeup decent resolution image of the 6 pin 3.3 volt voltage regulator U1, or can post up the part number.  

TIA

• Like 2

Guys thanks for going to all this trouble...  I must admit I half expected Synta not to make things easy and have the actual part number...   I had come across that thread when googling images to see if I could identify the part.  Being a 6 pin device it's not as straight forward as substituting a "normal" three pin linear regulator.   A lot of the pin outs diagrams seems not to follow any standards.

I'll keep searching

David, thanks for the suggestion.   As for it being a replacement it's really a case of sticking the wet finger in the air and hoping.  Without any clear identification of the original to compare to this is all guesswork.