Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One of my best - California Nebula

emyliano2000

The time has come to go back and shoot the California nebula in full narrowband.

The last time I have done it was in 2019 with a colour camera.

I really love how it came out and I consider it to be one of my best photos to date.

To make a good use of Blur Xterminator, I drizzled the stack which gave me a pixel scale of 1.26 "/px

Full resolution and technical details on Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/817iqz/ (Warning: very large file)

I hope you like it!

Emil

California-SHO_Hubble_1-copy11.jpg.thumb.jpg.4ead1b93f3e39403f14a22ab87e750b9.jpg

• Like 25

On 28/11/2023 at 16:32, Magnum said:

I really like that Emil, I normally find the California a boring object but the high resolution has picked up so much detail. 

Mono still has the edge in terms of smoothness and final detail .

Lee

Thank you! Yeah, I didn't think much of it when I shot it in HaRGB with a colour camera but after seeing the  California image that won the Stars and Nebulae category of the APOTY in 2021, I made it my plan to try and shoot it in full narroband too and to be honest I prefer mine to that one 🫣

Emil