Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIair Plus -Software / Hardware Spec

groberts

I have just taken delivery of a ZWO AM5 mount and a ASIair plus, and would like to control the mount and equipment via an Android tablet.

Couple of questions before purchasing a suitbale tablet:

• What are the minimum / best specs for the said tablet e.g. RAM, memory, speed, Android version etc.?
  • What tablets are others succesfully using? 

FYI - I'm considering the Lenovo M10 Plus (3rd Gen) 10.6" Wifi - Tablet 128GB, 4GB RAM which comes with Android 12 installed.

Graham

Edited by groberts

• groberts changed the title to ASIair Plus -Software / Hardware Spec

All the work is done within the AA+,  The tablet is for remote display and sending instructions., Once you've told the AA+ what you want it to do it just "gets on with it".   Naturally the better the tablet the less problems you will come across. Wifi capabilities vary a lot.

If you have a decent laptop try running the Bluestacks  Android emulator.  I use it on my win10 laptop.  The laptop has proper antenna's giving a better signal/range than my both my Ipad and Ipad pro

Steve