Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter with MoveShootMove and 200P

IB20

So tried the MSM holder on the 200P with the 3.2mm BST and iPhone Pro 14 stock video app. Actually found taking a single image from the video works better than the VideoStack app as the drift time is only about 3 seconds. Not great seeing + high mag & zoom seems to introduce more blur on the stacking app.

Single image touched up in LR. Accompanied by Ganymede and Europa.

IMG_6207.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PeterStudz said:

Good to see others giving Jupiter a go. And they are getting better! I’m about to post something from earlier in the week.

Seeing your images, it’s the whites that I seem to struggle to promote in processing. So I’m either capturing at too low an exposure or tracking and stacking is making the difference.

5 minutes ago, IB20 said:

Seeing your images, it’s the whites that I seem to struggle to promote in processing. So I’m either capturing at too low an exposure or tracking and stacking is making the difference.

I struggle with that too. To help I fiddle with exposure and brightness in the stock camera app. Then, when happy, put AE/Af LOCK on so that the camera doesn’t hunt around with exposure, focus etc. Also edit the video afterwards and play around with white balance in light room. Although in better seeing not only is the image sharper but the colours better too. Mind, I’m still learning.

2 minutes ago, PeterStudz said:

I struggle with that too. To help I fiddle with exposure and brightness in the stock camera app. Then, when happy, put AE/Af LOCK on so that the camera doesn’t hunt around with exposure, focus etc. Also edit the video afterwards and play around with white balance in light room. Although in better seeing not only is the image sharper but the colours better too. Mind, I’m still learning.

THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been trying to work out how to do that, it does my brains in when it keeps auto exposing.

3 minutes ago, IB20 said:

THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been trying to work out how to do that, it does my brains in when it keeps auto exposing.

When you have your target long-press the screen. That’ll put the lock on. I then fine focus using the telescope focuser to the lock, rather than trying to focus the phone camera to the target.

• Like 1