Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dobsonian Scopes

My Lightbridge 12" cost around £350 2nd hand :)

New, I'd agree with kniclander - a Skywatcher 250PX although it is a little over your budget (£419 at First Light Optics at the moment).

They are pretty big although an equatorially mounted 10" newtonian or a fork mounted 10" schmidt-cassegrain are bulky as well and heavier.

John

I've got a skyliner 250px and am delighted with it. Other folks at the society have commented on how good the optics are. It's a doddle to set up and collimate. I'm glad I pushed out for the 10" rather than the 8" as I want it to last. It's not hard to transport either. I went for the solid tube rather than the flexi as I could afford an extra 2" apt.

On the storage I just sold on the 130pm which I had to be stored in a foot locker and then the tripod was more to store. The dob is much easier to store as it has a small foot print.

Archived