Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Has anybody upgraded the firmware on a QHY268M ?

I just wondered is it possible to upgrade the firmware on a QHY268 bought back in 2021 to get the new modes , and if it is where do you download the software to do the installation and the new firmware ?

EDIT: I have searched the "not very helpful" QHY website and found instructions how to do it, so I assume it is possible, but cannot find where to download the two files required.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Interesting, and following….👍🏻

If we find out how to do it, will you go first 🤣🤣😂

Always hate upgrading firmware, there is always that warning about if power goes off part way through your equipment is rendered useless, so not sure if I do whether to go for it or just leave it as it is 🙂 

Steve

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

If we find out how to do it, will you go first 🤣🤣😂

Always hate upgrading firmware, there is always that warning about if power goes off part way through your equipment is rendered useless, so not sure if I do whether to go for it or just leave it as it is 🙂 

Steve

😂😂 TBH I never like doing it either, as I have had issues in the past doing FW updates, and it went wrong, (not on Astro kit I might add) and then I swore I would never do it again unless something was not working and really needed an update..it’s the old adage, “if it ain’t t broke don’t fix” so to answer your question, nooooooo I’m not going first….after you 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I have not had chance to check it out yet but I asked the question on the QHY help page and they gave me the following link

https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/publish/firmware_update/220818/QHYCCD_firmware_upgrade.zip

There reply was:
Hello,Yes, you can update the firmware to support the new high-speed mode, please download the latest firmware at this link and follow the instructions to update.

This link should download the two files you require.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I have not had chance to check it out yet but I asked the question on the QHY help page and they gave me the following link

https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/publish/firmware_update/220818/QHYCCD_firmware_upgrade.zip

There reply was:
Hello,Yes, you can update the firmware to support the new high-speed mode, please download the latest firmware at this link and follow the instructions to update.

This link should download the two files you require.

Steve

What does the new FW actually give you, I know it says new high speed mode, but what does this mean for deep sky imaging….?

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

What does the new FW actually give you, I know it says new high speed mode, but what does this mean for deep sky imaging….?

I don't know TBH, and not sure I will even do the upgrade, unfortunately I am busy getting ready for a trip to China for work so will not be doing anything until December at earliest. I may take a look when out there if I get chance and try to digest if the upgrade is worth it .

Steve

• Like 1