Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tycho

Richard N

• 3 weeks later...

Great work!

On 21/10/2023 at 10:58, Richard N said:

Yes and no. The wash is applied before drawing so it can be done beforehand. It has to be dry before drawing. It’s really just to add some impression of the regolith. 

Was the wash uniform in value? And if yes, how did you manage to create variation in the color shading? Some parts of the wash seem darker than others!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwiMatt said:

Great work!

Was the wash uniform in value? And if yes, how did you manage to create variation in the color shading? Some parts of the wash seem darker than others!

The wash was pretty much uniform. I use a white paint pen to add highlights. 

Edited by Richard N
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard N said:

The wash was pretty much uniform. I use a white paint pen to add highlights. 

Very interesting, thank you! Nice to see people experimenting with water colors and paint. And it add greatly to the effect :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard N said:

Water colours, paint, pencil and charcoal! Truly mixed media. I’m no artist but I have a daughter who is. All her stuff is at our house at the moment so I basically have a complete art shop to hand!

I didn't mean to forget or disparage pencil and charcoal at all! What I meant to convey, sloppily, is that pencils and charcoal are common tools in astro-sketching, while I haven't seen much with water colours and paint, which makes me want to try. You might not be an artist, but you are on a good way :D

• Thanks 1

I recommend a trip to a real art shop with a knowledgeable owner. They have all sorts of fascinating stuff. If it’s anything like our local art shop, they will be very interested in what you are doing - and have never heard of such a thing before  

IMG_5321.jpeg

Edited by Richard N
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard N said:

I recommend a trip to a real art shop with a knowledgeable owner. They have all sorts of fascinating stuff. If it’s anything like our local art shop, they will be very interested in what you are doing - and have never heard of such a thing before  

IMG_5321.jpeg

If you down a few of those Piraats, you may struggle to sketch anything.

• Haha 1