Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What’s he doing in the observing section?

steppenwolf

Well, this is a rare experience for me! A lovely crisp, clear night last night apart from a few clouds skidding past so not really an imaging night. However, my son and daughter-in-law are currently staying with us and Naomi has always said that she’d like too see Saturn ‘for real’ so a great opportunity to take the camera off the Esprit 150 and replace it with a diagonal and eyepiece(s). Not well placed at the moment but Naomi was blown away by her first real life view of a planet so we followed it up with Jupiter which was equally well received. 
Two hours later ……… Highlights included, Vega, M57, M13, Albireo, M31, M81, M82 and The Pleiades.

Apparently, we are going to do this again on the next clear night where I will expect more really good and excited questions!

• Like 12

Nice to see you here Steve! Glad you managed to share some views with the family and create some memories. Saturn always elicits a WOW from anyone that sees it. I was viewing from a mostly cloudy Kelling last night but managed to catch a Jupiter shadow transit. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobertI said:

Nice to see you here Steve! Glad you managed to share some views with the family and create some memories. Saturn always elicits a WOW from anyone that sees it. I was viewing from a mostly cloudy Kelling last night but managed to catch a Jupiter shadow transit. 🙂

It was really good fun, Rob  and made a very pleasant change from my usual imaging sessions and certainly made some memories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

What the heck is the world coming to?

Be careful though, you might get hooked :wink2:

I know, Michael, it is a shock and yet another example of the world changing  ..... I'll try not to do it too often 😄