NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help needed to identify a CCD camera and where to find WIN11 drivers.

I've been given a CCD 1.25" camera. There are no outward markings so I unscrewed the circular face of it and read QHYCCD 091012 printed on the circuit board.

This lead me to the QHY website but I cannot find an image of it that matches. 

The LED on the back glows red when connected to usb so I think there is a good chance its working.

Does anyone know what CCD model it is and where I can find drivers to test it on WIN11?

9 minutes ago, uk_friendly_fire said:

I've been given a CCD 1.25" camera. There are no outward markings so I unscrewed the circular face of it and read QHYCCD 091012 printed on the circuit board.

This lead me to the QHY website but I cannot find an image of it that matches. 

The LED on the back glows red when connected to usb so I think there is a good chance its working.

Does anyone know what CCD model it is and where I can find drivers to test it on WIN11?

Can you post some pictures, please, especially of the end with the connector. That may reduce the size of the search necessary.

Another approach may be to perform some image searches on the likes of Google.

The amount of information given so far hasn't been sufficient to let me find plausible candidates.

• Thanks 1

I took some photos of my QHY5.  It is in the back of my finderscope but did come with a 1.25” nosepiece.  

Yours seems to be slightly wider one end but could be the angle the photo was taken at.  

The fact that there is a guide port on yours does suggest it can be used for guiding. 

Mr Qhy was always very helpful l recall. 

l have had this camera for around 12 years, it was superseded by the QHY5ii and doubtless some others after that.  My drivers were supplied on a disc. 

3EF722B2-8C0B-4D4A-8C47-B3A83231BF52.jpeg

26419DEB-C7F4-49EB-8B25-F0740D29A3EB.jpeg

Edited by carastro
  • Thanks 1

I think it will also take some sort of basic images, I never tried it, but there was some software that came with the camera, which I only tried out on live view and can't remember whether it was planetary or otherwise.    I think it ws called QGvideo or something, and most likely that means planetary only.

Carole 

Not 100% sure about compatibility with modern versions of software, but back in the day there was an issue with compatibility with SharpCap, which would only work with a WDM (?? or something like that) driver, which whilst it gave a picture, a lot of the functionality found in the QVideo application for camera control missing.  This may now have been redressed, but given the age of the camera it might be unsupported by some modern applications.  

2 hours ago, carastro said:

I have to say it has been a really great guide camera. 

I second that... works great with PHD2 through both an ST80 guidescope or a 9 x 50 finder converted.

• Like 1