Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cloudy again.

Franklin

Just now, tomato said:

If all the imagers on SGL who are getting pi**ed off with the UK weather sold up and pooled their funds, just think what a rig we could have set up in Spain, New Mexico or Chile. But I suppose we would never agree on the scope/camera configuration or which object to image…

Enough of you may agree? Worth a go?

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Enough of you may agree? Worth a go?

The first thing any British group would do is to form a committee, after first having formed a temporary steering committee. Then they would take a few months to decide who would be chairperson. Following this they would argue endlessly as to how to apportion the votes, based on cash, experience, connections, etc. Then they need to vote on what equipment to buy, where to put it and how best to pay for it. By the time they get around to trying to figure a fair way to decide on telescope targets and allotted time half of the original members will have gone to the big telescope in the sky. They then have to decide on how to vote new members in. This starts a whole new process...........

I don’t think it has a hope in hell of working, unless I personally run the whole operation of course as undisputed and unchallengeable all powerful dictator 😉. That could work 😂🤣😅

Cheers

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, LongJohn54 said:

Yes, it passes through Kirkintilloch before joining the River Kelvin and on to Glasgow where it joins the River Clyde at Kelvingrove.

I thought so. I am originally from Glasgow and spent the first 29 years of my life there. I can remember jumping on a bus with my friends to try fishing in all the nearest rivers. The Luggie jogged my memory of those long gone days.

• Like 1

Forecasts say otherwise...but I currently have clear skies! Well nearly, some light cloud but nowhere near where I’m imaging 😀 

All day there was a lot of mixed cloud around, despite lovely warm sunshine, but it all cleared at sunset. I’m totally shocked. So I’ve decided that if it stays this way, that I’m going to work tomorrow very very tired 🤷‍♂️

Hope everyone else gets as lucky as I appear to be.